Area residents wishing to get a library number in our system need to come in and fill out a brief form.
We now require two forms of identification with matching addresses.
- The applicant will need a current Driver's License and another form of identification with a matching address.
- This identification can be a letter or another piece of mail that provides proof of an established address.
- Persons not in possession of a Driver's License will need to provide some other form of identification which includes a photo and address.
- A library number will be issued in our system for the patron.
- The number will be valid for two years, at which time it can be renewed.
- Parents may fill out a form for children to have their own number issued.
- Parents or guardians of children under the age of 18 are responsible for items checked out to their minor children.
- "Summer" residents will be issued library numbers with proof of their local summer address. Their winter address will also be requested for our records.
- We do have a checkout limit for new patrons. This is due to problems we have in recent years with patrons moving out of town without returning library items.
- These checkout limits were established by the Library Board.
- New Family accounts have a limit of six items per checkout. New patrons with individual accounts may checkout two items per visit.
- Increased checkouts are at the discretion of the library staff and based on a patron's return history.